Once a final decision has been reached regarding a submitted paper, the author will be contacted by the editor-in-chief about the production process for their manuscript. This process will involve the following:
1) Author's will be asked to submit a final, penultimate draft of their manuscript, including any material for an appendix. Please note that subsequent author edits will not be accepted, until after the publication of the manuscript, in which case author(s) will be required to submit a formal request for a correction, revision, or retraction. Please see the JPE Post-Publication Request Form. This final, penultimate draft, along with any previous drafts, are regarded to be the work of the submitting author(s), and the author(s) will maintain all the copy rights to these works, as the licensor, and the JPE as the licensee under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License. Because author's agreed to submit their manuscript under this licensing agreement when they initially submitted their manuscript, no subsequent agreement will be obtained from the author unless the conditions of the agreement for submissions have been changed by the JPE after the initial manuscript submission.
2) Once the final, penultimate draft of a manuscript has been received, the author(s) will be sent a pre-publication proof, along with instructions for providing any corrections that need to be made on these proofs. These corrections should be corrections of any errors that were made during the production process, and should not include any corrections, revisions, or retractions of any content that was provided in the final, penultimate draft for the final production process.
3) If any corrections are required on the pre-publication proof, those corrections will be made and a subsequent proof will be sent to the author for final approval, along with an invoice. The invoice will take into consideration whether or not the author was a member of the Society for Philosophy of Emotion at the time in which their paper was accepted for publication.
4) Once the author(s) final approval has been obtained, the manuscript will be published in the up-coming issue of the JPE, unless there is a reason for with-holding the publication of the manuscript, of which the author(s) were made fully aware in advance and their permission to do so was obtained.
5) Please note that because the time from the notification of the JPE's final decision of acceptance and the publication of the manuscript depends in part on the timeliness of the author(s) response to our request for a final, penultimate draft and request for corrections of the pre-publication proof, we cannot guarantee the publication of any manuscript for any specific issue. We do, however, work to ensure that we do our part in a timely manner, and am willing to work with author(s) to help them fulfill any needs they might have in terms of the timeliness of the publication of their manuscript, as long as we are reasonably able to do so and are reasonably informed of their needs in advance.